“Time management is a misnomer. The challenge is to manage ourselves.” – Stephen Covey
White-label partners and software salespeople wear many hats. You’re a prospector, a cold caller, a meeting scheduler, a follow-up expert, a closer, and a manager of your business. It’s a lot to balance, especially when it’s a side hustle alongside your existing responsibilities. Many software salespeople struggle with time management. It’s a common challenge in this demanding profession. But there is hope.
At textLIVING, we understand the time management challenges that white-label partners and software salespeople face. We’ve experienced them too. When we first built our software company, one of the things we realized was that we needed to focus on the process. Today, we share this invaluable knowledge with our white-label partners, many of whom started their businesses as side hustles. In this article, we are excited to highlight a few practical tips and best practices that can help you reclaim control of your time and supercharge your chances of success.
- Define your expectations and set clear goals.
Remembering your personal motivation for white-labeling software and setting clear goals is essential for effective time management. This can help you avoid getting sidetracked and instead focus on the activities that will help you achieve your goals.
When you have specific goals in mind, you can better prioritize your tasks and allocate your time accordingly. Here are a few questions to consider:
- How much money do you want to make from your software side hustle each year, quarter, or month?
- How many new customers do you want to get, or how much do you want to grow your customer base within a certain timeframe?
- How do you want to balance your side hustle with your main job or other responsibilities? What kind of work-life balance do you want to have while pursuing your software sales goal?
- Follow a proven process.
Following a proven process in time management is a game-changer, especially for software sales, and here’s why: it offers a road map that’s not only repeatable but also scalable. When you’re juggling your side hustle alongside other responsibilities, the last thing you want is to reinvent the wheel every day.
At textLIVING, we understand this, and that’s why we empower our white-label partners with a tried and true process honed through years of experience. Having successfully sold software to over 10,000 merchants in the US and Canada, we know what works. By adopting this process, our partners can craft their weekly and daily routines with a clear path toward their goals. It’s about efficiency, predictability, and, ultimately, the growth and success of your software sales journey.
- Prioritize your most fruitful tasks.
Not all tasks are created equal. Since you have limited time to sell software as a side hustle, it’s important to focus on the most important tasks first. For example, you might want to prioritize cold calling and lead generation over tasks such as marketing. Here are a few questions to help you prioritize tasks that yield the best results:
- Which tasks directly contribute to lead generation, customer acquisition, or revenue generation in your software sales venture?
- What tasks have the most significant impact on your overall sales effectiveness and align with your long-term goals for your side hustle?
- Which tasks can you automate so you have more time for the most important things?
Prioritizing tasks based on these questions will help you make the most of your limited time by focusing on the activities that bring the most value.
- Use your existing expertise and relationships to identify quick wins.
Effectively managing your time when selling software as a side hustle means recognizing the value of low-hanging fruit opportunities. By prioritizing prospects with whom you have existing relationships or who work in industries you’re familiar with, you can generate quick wins and build valuable momentum. White-labeling software brings the unique benefit of leveraging your pre-existing sales expertise to build a new revenue stream.
At textLIVING, we’ve witnessed this firsthand. Many of our white-label partners are seasoned sales professionals who bring their industry knowledge and network connections to the table. This focused approach accelerates their sales efforts and also allows them to make the most of their limited time, ensuring that every outreach has a higher chance of success.
- Focus on perfecting your pitch to your target market.
One of the best ways to ensure you’re generating the greatest return on your investment of time is to perfect your pitch to your target market. These are the questions to ask yourself as you hone your pitch and tailor it to fit each prospect:
- Who are your ideal customers?
- What are their biggest challenges?
- What are their goals?
- What are they looking for in a software solution?
The more you know about your target market, the better equipped you’ll be to craft a pitch that resonates with them. And by altering your pitch to match your target, you can save time, qualify leads faster, and close more deals.
- Identify and eliminate dead ends and distractions.
The world of selling software as a side hustle requires mastery of the art of saying no to low-value activities and dead-end prospects. To manage your time effectively, it’s important to focus on what not to do as much as what to do. Saying no to activities that won’t yield results preserves your precious time and energy. Equally important is the ability to spot prospects who are unlikely to buy from you, even if they don’t explicitly decline your offer. By recognizing these subtle cues, you can ensure that your side hustle remains efficient and productive.
Here are some questions that can help a person identify activities and prospects that aren’t likely to have high yields:
- Is this activity directly contributing to lead generation, customer acquisition, or revenue generation efforts?
- Is this activity aligned with your long-term goals for my software sales side hustle?
- Is the prospect’s company a good fit for your software product or service?
- Is the prospect willing to discuss their integration process, budget, and potential roadblocks, or do they avoid these topics and offer little transparency?
textLIVING: A Proven Software with Experienced Guides
The demands of everyday life can often feel overwhelming, and it’s easy to lose track of your dreams amidst the chaos. But remember, every second you invest in prospecting, making those nerve-wracking cold calls, scheduling meetings, and diligently following up with leads brings you one step closer to your goals. This journey may be challenging, but it’s also filled with countless moments of growth and achievement.
At textLIVING, our goal is to help you build a successful software business that helps you generate significant income by using the proven strategies we’ve learned over the years.