Customer loyalty programs and text marketing are incredibly valuable tools for businesses of all sizes. However, selling software to prospective restaurant managers and retail store owners can be challenging. These businesses are often busy and have limited resources. As a result, they may also be hesitant to invest in new software, especially if they are still determining how it will benefit their business. To overcome these challenges, sales professionals must clearly articulate the value of customer loyalty programs and text marketing for businesses.
At textLIVING, we found that one of the best ways to generate meaningful conversations with prospects is to combine data-driven statistics with personal questions that help them see the value of our software in the context of their specific business. Whether you’re initiating contact with a new prospect or perfecting your software demo, here are some valuable insights to keep in mind when balancing statistics and follow-up questions.
5 Customer Loyalty Statistics to Share & Follow-Up Questions to Ask
- 90% of customers have gained value from SMS loyalty programs. (Source)
A significant majority of customers believe they have directly benefited from text-based loyalty programs. An insightful question to pose to a prospect considering the software could be:
- Do you have any ideas for how an SMS loyalty program could add value to your customers?
- Are there any challenges you currently face that you believe SMS loyalty programs could solve or mitigate?
- 81% of consumers agree that a loyalty program membership influences their likelihood of purchasing a product. (Source)
If the prospect says that they are concerned about customer churn, you can talk about how a loyalty program can help them retain customers. Consistent SMS texts encourage customers to continue spending money with a business. You could ask something like:
- How might a loyalty program help you improve your customer lifetime value?
- 69% of consumers say their choice of retailer is influenced by where they can earn customer loyalty or rewards program points. (Source)
If the prospect says customer loyalty is important to their business, you can ask follow-up questions to learn more about their specific needs and goals. For example, you could ask:
- What are your current customer loyalty strategies?
- What are your biggest challenges in retaining customers?
- What are your goals for improving customer loyalty?
- Nearly half (47%) of restaurant loyalty members use their memberships several times a month. (Source)
This statistic is helpful if you’re selling customer loyalty software to restaurants. Considering that almost half of restaurant loyalty members are using their memberships several times a month, you could ask:
- How do you see your establishment benefiting from increased customer engagement through an enhanced or customized loyalty program?
- Are there any specific challenges or goals you have that we can address together?
- Consumers cited the time it takes to redeem rewards as their biggest pet peeve regarding loyalty or rewards programs, followed by the difficulty in earning rewards. (Source)
You can use this statistic to highlight the importance of making it easy for customers to earn and redeem rewards. If the prospect already has some sort of physical or informal loyalty program, you could ask questions such as:
- On average, how long does it take for customers to earn rewards?
Then, highlight how textLIVING helps create a more seamless and satisfying loyalty program experience for their customers.
5 Text Marketing Statistics & Follow-Up Questions for Prospects
- 71% of consumers want to communicate with businesses via text message. (Source)
Suppose the prospect says they communicate with their customers through email, social media, or other channels. In that case, you can then ask follow-up questions to learn more about their specific communication strategies and their goals for improving communication with their customers. You might consider asking:
- What are your biggest challenges when communicating with your customers?
- What are your goals for improving communication with your customers?
- How do you envision incorporating text marketing into your customer engagement strategy?
- Over 90% of text messages are read within three minutes of being sent. (Source)
It’s helpful to ask follow-up questions to learn more about your prospect’s specific needs and goals for improving their communication with their customers. For example, you could ask:
- Is it easy or difficult for you to reach your customers quickly? Why?
- Do you have any ideas for leveraging this statistic to enhance your customer engagement or marketing efforts?
- Text messages have a 98% open rate, 5x higher than the average email open rate. (Source)
This is one of the most compelling statistics to share. Combining it with personal questions about your prospect’s email marketing strategy can help them see the value in text marketing. You could follow up with:
- What are your biggest challenges with your email marketing program (e.g., open rates, click-through rates, adding subscribers, etc.)
- How could text messaging’s higher engagement rate benefit your business?
- Texted coupons are redeemed 10x more often than traditional coupons. (Source)
This huge conversion rate increase can mean serious sales for your prospect. You can use this statistic to help the decision-maker understand the advantages of using texted coupons to increase customer engagement, drive sales, and optimize marketing efforts. Depending on their priorities, consider asking:
- How have you marketed your coupons to customers in the past? How could this substantial increase in redemption rates positively impact your sales and revenue?
- How can reducing printing costs associated with texted coupons benefit your marketing budget and sustainability efforts?
- Are you interested in having real-time data and analytics on coupon redemptions and customer behavior?
- 75% of consumers want to receive texts with special offers. (Source)
Once you better understand the prospect’s needs, you can tailor your pitch and show how text marketing can help them achieve their goals. Here are some questions that can help you pitch a prospect on the idea of using text messages for delivering special offers:
- How are you currently reaching your customers with special offers?
- How can you utilize text messages to send real-time promotions, flash sales, or limited-time offers that create a sense of urgency and excitement among your customers?
- If 3 out of 4 of all consumers want to see special offers, discounts, and coupons delivered to their smartphones via SMS, you shouldn’t be worried about giving it a shot, right?
Explore textLIVING’s Customer Loyalty & Text Marketing Platform
After selling our proven customer loyalty and text marketing software to more than 10,000 businesses across the United States and Canada, we want to help our white-label partners learn best practices to help them land accounts.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur looking to get started in the software industry or a seasoned sales professional looking for a way to generate sustainable income on the side, textLIVING offers a proven platform along with tips like these to help you build a successful white-label software business.